Tuesday, June 16, 2009

9 month doctor's appointment

Taylor had her 9 month check up today and all is great!

The doctor asked about her sleeping patterns. HA-I wish she had a pattern. Well, after talking to the doctor, I learned something: Our daughter, who has not wanted to sleep much since birth, is sleep deprived! What?!?! I thought she didn't need sleep, but apparently that is NOT the case! She should be getting 14 hours of sleep a day. And I think most days she gets about 8-9. The doctor explained that when they nap good it makes them want more sleep so they sleep all night. So since Taylor normally only has a couple of 20 minute naps through the day, she doesn't want to sleep through the night. I know that when there is a lot going on Taylor takes better naps AND sleeps long hours through the night so it makes perfect since.

Trying to get her on sleep schedule in Little Rock this past week. The days that she napped good she slept good, but on Tuesday night we put her down and she cried so we went back in at 1, 3, and 5 minute intervals until she got so upset she threw up all over the bed and floor. So we had to get her out and clean her and the mess up. Which totally delighted her because then she didn't have to go to bed for another hour or so. FRUSTRATING! Good thing we were at Bebe and Pops so they took her cause I was not happy. She literally cried so much she made herself puke! Signs of her being strong willed? Think so.
Stats:
weight: 18 lbs 14 oz
length: 27 3/4 in.
head: 17 1/2 in.

***update-Taylor is napping well and sleeping well at night!

No comments: