Saturday, November 14, 2009

some crazy things...

Ok, first of all. Not Taylor related, but check out the below photo. My car actually fits in the garage. For those that have ever seen mine and Travis' garage in the 3 houses and 4 1/2 years of marriage know that this is huge! Travis is still rrganizing, but the goal was today to be able to get my car in and we did! Sorry quality of photos are bad. They are from my phone.
Next, it is crazy how much of a girl Taylor is now and not a baby. I always wondered at what point are they not a baby anymore and I would think she is there! We have been realizing that when you say, "let's go change your diaper," she goes to her room and stands by the changing pad! Then tonight we said, "let's go take a bath," and off she went to the tub. And even more than that-all her toys were outside the tub and she picked each one up and dropped it in the tub so she would have them to play with. And even more than that-she had a book in her hand and I was ready for her to drop it in the water but she didn't...she knew it wasn't a bath toy!
A couple of other fun things she's been doing:

She runs for her teacher Ms. Ashley when I drop her off at daycare.

If she goes in early and I have to stop by and give her more medicine, she doesn't cry when I leave but continues to play. So she must really like school!

When you say, "where's momma? or Dadda?" she points to the right person.
When you say, "where's Taylor?" she pats her belly.

She can tell you where eyes, nose, ears, mouth, belly button, and boobies are (thanks to travis on that last one-she does it on him though luckily and not me). I'm sure there are a few more if I just thought of them. Jill asked her one day where her eyes were and instead of pointing, she opened them real big and got close to her.
She says Uh for "up" when she wants you to hold her or put her on the couch. When you ask her to say the "p" part she says it delayed but won't put the "uh and p" together.

She wanted her duck today and I handed it to her and she said "Tink" which I think was for "Thank you." Typically she says Thank you if you say it first but hasn't got the concept. I think she's now starting to get the concept.

She lays on her belly and swims in the tub. She knows to hold her head up so she doesn't drink water-she learned that from trial and error a week or so ago.

No comments: