Sunday, December 7, 2008

Are you kidding?

Let me tell you about our crazy morning. Well, I got up and got ready for church. I went out to my car and saw that the driver seat had some cds in it and an ipod cable from one of the compartments. I figured Travis had been looking for something in my car last night, so I went in and asked him what he was looking for. He told me he had not been in my car. What?!?! So who was in my car...I went back out and it did look like my stuff had been gone through, but it didn't seem like anything was missing. I thought that was weird but oh well, maybe I somehow knocked the stuff out last night when I got out of the car. Well, Travis decided to check it out and realized my coin tray was half empty and their were pennies all outside the driver door of my car...someone had been in my car and WITHOUT permission. I just didn't understand how. There were no signs of break in and part of my OCD routine at night is to check all the locks on the house doors and to hit the lock button on my car until I hear it honk. It is so routine that I assumed I did it last night. I don't remember locking the doors and I guess I didn't for once, but I am shocked I didn't. It didn't appear that anything was missing so we continued to get ready for church-I couldn't find the diaper bag though and that's when I remembered it was in passenger floor board from day before. THEY STOLE OUR DIAPER BAG! Are you kidding? Whoever it was, they were just looking for a quick grab or they would have grabbed the shopping bags in the back seat, or opened the garage door to find some more goodies. I assume they saw the black bag and thought it was a purse. I bet they were so dissapointed to find out it was full of diapers and bottles! HA! We were both still upset they got that diaper bag cause it was amazing and it had a cute change of clothes for Taylor in it. Travis took me to church because I had nursery duty, then he went back to the house to see if anything else was missing. We decided that once the robber realized it was just a diaper bag they might throw it out. Well, we were right...Travis found the diaper bag with everything still in it minus the wet wipes holder just up the street. And so far, we do not think they got anything else. We learned our lesson though...I will double check the locks every night now (as if I didn't have OCD bad enough). I know we look like an easy target because we don't have any neighbors yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------

On a better note: Thanks Aunt Tracy for the early Christmas present! Taylor loves that her pjs fit now!

1 comment:

Erin said...

That stinks! At least you got your bag back, though. A few years ago, my car was broken into. The funny thing is that the only thing that was missing was Nautica sack full of fabric samples. HA! At least your robber will be germ free. :)