Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More joys of parenting...

3 weeks ago Taylor had pink eye and couldn't go to school. Last week, Taylor has swine flu and was home for 2 days. This week it is a monster rash. Check out the crazy photos below. We went to the doctor and this is what we found out: It is a side effect to the amoxicillin that she was on for her ear infection. She is not allergic or it would have come up the first day of the medicine. We were on day 9, so she is just having a side effect. Becky just said it's bad luck. Some kids get it some don't. So the doctor told us that she could go to school. I took her yesterday and then got a call about 30 minutes later saying she had to go home because I didn't have a note saying she wasn't contagious. Ahhh. So I called the doctor and they said it would be awhile before I could come back and get a note. I was suppose to call an hour later to see when I could come get it. So I went and got Taylor and took her home for lunch and nap. Well, she was sooo itchy and not feeling well that we decided she wouldn't make it back at daycare, they would just call again for me to come get her so I stayed home till 5:30 when Travis could take her. She was so swollen and scary looking by then. Travis went to get her medicine and he knows the pharmacist and had her look at Taylor to make sure it was a correct diagnosis. She thought it was. However, when I got home from dance it was even worse and she was so miserable. I was about to panic and decided to call Ashley's aunt Becky. She is a doctor at LR children's hospital ER. She was so sweet and listened to the situation and agreed that she was just having a reaction that it would pass and told me what to watch for. So we had a long night of Taylor staying in our bed so we could watch her. We were up every hour giving her one medicine or another and trying to help her get comfortable. Well, she looks better today. Her face and torso are not near as bad. Her arms and legs are still scary but maybe by tomorrow they will be good!


Here are some from early in the day...the rash started making huge spots like the above pic by the end of the day. Her right cheek ws solid red. You can kind of tell by bottom photo


3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my! That looks so painful!!!

The Scott Family said...

Poor Taylor!!! Girl needs a break! I hope you get it soon!!

Erin said...

My poor baby Taylor! I think she's just causing all of this drama to use as an excuse for her to sleep in bed with y'all! :)

I hope she's better!