Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice Storm

Thought I would post just a few photos from the ice storm. Since we have all been sick around here and iced in I got a little stir crazy today and so Travis took us for a small drive to see the damage. It looks more like tornado damage than ice! I think iced trees are so beautiful, but it makes me sad that it breaks so many of them. We have not had dance this week and schools are closed again tomorrow so doesn't look like I will work this week. The news said my area got 1.25 in of ice. Most everyone is out of electricity. We were very fortunate because ours only blinked alot but never went fully out for an extended period of time.
We only had Taylor out for a minute...we had to get her pic in her first ice storm!

look at the amount of ice!
Travis' basketball goal
This sign was posted in front of this street. Can you tell that it is a telephone pole across the road...Scary!




Beautiful road by my house.

Can you see the sleet bouncing off the top?

Travis tried to get into his truck yesterday and broke off the door handle!

Notice Canon and Shadow do not have foot prints in the snow, nor are they sinking down into it. It is a solid sheet of ice they are sitting on.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow! It looks like you guys have been having fun!!! I'm just glad that you're all OK! Is Taylor feeling better? My parents still have their beetle bug sitting in the driveway...do you want me to send a door handle off of it? :)